Who is Tarun?
This is Tarun Jaiswal – mostly known by my handle ‘ Tarun Reflex ‘ .I am an active blogger since 2006 and blog on more than 10 Blogs and a couple of websites : Indian Initiatives being the professional and Tarun Jaiswal being a personal one . I am a DBA (Database Administrator) by profession and have worked on Oracle , DB2 and SQL Server. For last three years,I am working exclusively on SQL Server and am a MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist). I consider myself lucky to be working on a technology I really love and appreciate.
When I am not busy in job, you can find my updates on Twitter ,Facebook , Orkut ,LinkedIn , Esnips , Youtube and Google Profiles.Another happening place is my Books and Books Community on Orkut with over 13,000 happy members. In May 2011, I started Describing India with an aim to write 1000 articles about the spirit of India.
I consult businesses on social media integration and web branding . For educational institutes and NGOs working for social causes, I do it for free.
I am fond of books,gadgets and new technologies.Solving technical problems and optimizing solutions are my idea of pass time.I believe there is always a better to do things. I learnt a lot from blogs and websites of people who took their time to share what they know. My blogs are my humble effort to share what I know.
Why I blog?
Well there are several answers to that question. But the main reasons are:
8.To share what I have learnt in Database domain.
7.I’m a creative genius, who’s just exploding with undirected potential, looking for a release to express myself. BlahBlah Blah ..(you should be laughing at me right now)
6. Hey it’s this or finish that last do-it-yourself project I started.
5. I need to practice my typing and speeling spelling skills
4. I’ve tried complaining to my family and they won’t listen. So I’m going to complain to the internet instead.
3. Working late into the night with the lights on pisses off the cockroaches.
2. I’ve been reading several blogs for quite a few years. And while reading a blog doesn’t make me blogger. It did make we want to give it a shot.
1. There are a lot of things I want to write down. Some so I won’t forget them, some so my children won’t forget them, and some just because (again blah blah blah…)
You can read my Blogging Confessions here .
“I cannot say with certainty which of my motives are the strongest, but I know which of them deserve to be followed.”
– George Orwell: Why I Write, 1946